Re: FLW Imperial Hotel

>Also, it is an environmentally sound solution in that it heats only what is
>needed to be heated, and can typically be driven by teeing into a high-
>efficiency HWH, and using a little pump. For some more money, you can get
>zone control (if needed) to follow use patterns or the sun.
>
>Mark

The only problem is that it is very slow to respond, so that most users
simply leave it on all the time. For people who need heat for only a
couple of hours per day, say in the morning before leaving for work, it
probably is not as energy efficient as a conventional system with a
programmable thermostat. I'm using it for a child care center, which I
think is nearly an ideal application. BTW, it seems to be cost competitive
with conventional package HVAC units, although of course you do not get
mechanical ventilation and AC.

Jonathan Cohen, AIA
246 First St., Suite 203
San Francisco, CA 94105 USA