Re: (Fwd) Architexture (Fwd) Re: FLW Imperial Hotel

Responding to msg by 00mtdarrall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx () on

>HUH?

Mark,

Some critique of the "literature" of decon et al is what is
needed, it seems to me. There is a big export market for
lit-decon architectural education here in NYC, just like
Advertising, Wall Street, and the Big Hustle Architects I've
been maligning.

Hope you take up the challenge in cyberland where these folks
are poised to pounce.

I know several of the lit-deconners, eat, drink and lie with
them,
argue, taunt and steal their material. However, I'm also a
dreaded nuts-and-bolter, obscure and ready to fight or act
wounded, so I like to read the stuff about heating systems as
well as all sorts of odd technical magazines. This gives me an

edge with the deconners, if you want the truth, who fear their
ignorance of such matters.

That was the reason for taunting the poster with the posts
about radiant heat. I know most of the "hotshots" don't know
what you are talking about but will never admit it until they
are trapped by thugs like me.

I've done it to friend Leb Woods, Tschumi, Zaha, the Princeton,

Harvard and Yale crowds and the whole crew that sooner or later

make their way to the NYC scene looking for publicity, awards
or
some other cheap compensation for having a Name. They usually
take it in good stride, believe it or not, after an intitially
hostile response.

So have at it: they like the attention if you want to give it
to them for free.

John