Re: NYT Decons All

Responding to msg by rma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (R+MA) on

>Although I suspect that we disagree on many things
>(judging from the tone of some of your posts)

Watch that flattery, I disagree as a lure.

>I want
>to thank you for the time and effort involved in
>posting the NYT stuff

Hey, I distribute the NYT as my only advertising medium
although you may need special glasses to see the copy: tiny
ads on the front page with other geeky marginalia.

> BTW, I assume that you are not restricting the posts
>to those articles which bash what you term Decon, are
>you? Is there a hidden agenda at work here?

Please, my admired deconstructionists love bashing -- that's
what the word means -- both pitching and catching. Attend an
annual MLA meeting for exquisite verbal slash and burn. I once
tried faint praise at a coven of archi-decultists -- Zaha,
Prix, Leb Woods, and Cie -- and was vociferously bashed. Bash
and be bashed; praise is what the media-groupies and leeches
do, so they whiningly bash. Hah.

Hope you've noticed that the NYT is doing a good bit of faint
praise these days as well, in all arts and entertainment
fields. Any interview or an article in the Sunday Magazine is
a good suspect for a send-up. Recall the trashing of Zaha last
year in the magazine?

Hidden agendas? You bet. Hunter Thompson is my role model
infidel for baseless attacks and self-promotion.

Finally, finally, here's a pathetic report that Philip was
honored last week as a "Living Landmark" by the New York
Landmarks Conservancy, along with a few other decrepitudes
including, holy smokes, John Guare, a guy younger and funnier,
but less an artist, than me!

John