Re: Cynical view of Decon!

>I think you guys need to understand the differences between Deconstruction
>and Deconstructivist architecture. To call Eisenman a Desconstruction
>architect is a sign of your ignorance (PLACING THE BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD
>COMMENT ASIDE). Last year I posted a definition of Deconstructivist
>architecture (fall 1993?) and it should be alive and kicking in the
>archives of this bullitenboard. Please read it and then get back to us.

As I remember that very interesting (and then absurd) discussion, when it
comes to 'decon' Gertrude Stein said it all:'there is no there, there.'
Decon of any kind is great for tenure and that's about it.

Sucher

David Sucher...author/photographer...Seattle, Washington
CITY COMFORTS: How to Build an Urban Village
CITY COMFORTS is not about any particular city.
It is an attempt to shift the focus of public policy discussion from
systems and large projects and grandiose visions to the details that create
our daily experience. It is about a way of looking at and speaking about
our physical environment.