Re: Cynical view of Decon!

Responding to msg by tjv3743@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (thomas j vollaro
arch stnt) on

>I think the definition of whether or not an architect
>is "de-con" or not should lie in whether or not he/she
>actually BUILDS something. I read the writings of
>Lebbeus Woods and Coop Himmelblau among others and find
>them provacative and interesting..but I consider them
>THEORISTS and not actually architects (considering
>that they rarely BUILD anything except models) The
>point: I do not think we, as students and
>professionals, should totally disregard the theories
>and works of these men and women. We should instead
>consider them very seriously and apply them to the work
> that we do

Thomas,

Leb and Coop are very much architects, forgive my impertinence,
and excell in maximizing the meaning of the word. We
practitioners should have no exclusive claim on the term, no
matter what the legal beagles prescribe.

Das Blau Duett are BAUEN a lot nowadays, and KRANK it is, while
Leb's BAUEN are in another WELT, danke schoen.

But you are right that their THEORIES are magical guides.

BTW, what would you do with those, sigh, architects who do the
least for licensure and public dole?

John