Re: Cynical view of Decon!

This is the stuff that bpothers me about the Anti-decon folks - Its
comments like It's a great idea if you
are looking for tenure.

That is so stupid that it hardly deserves a response, but I will give one
anyway. Fiurstly, it sounds like a lot of sour grap[es. That is, it
sounds that you lost a tenure battle to someone who was a deconstructivist.
Well, too bad. I lost one to a bunch of Yaleys, so I get down on
Tale every once and a while, but it has nothing to do with Yale, it is
just some latent bitterness that I haven't as yet been able to shake off.
It seems that you have the same problem whith deconstruction. Its not
the ideas that bother you, its some of the proponents that have crossed
your path.

Secondly, one of the fundamental tenants of "decon" is decentering,
shifting emphasis to the periphery as mechanism for enhancing pluralism,

Thirdly, If you fell asleep during point two, there is no fhope.

- Ray