Re: recommended reading

I am the editor of a new design journal called Zed that is published
through the Center for Design Studies at Virginia Commonwealth
University. Currently I am compiling a kind of recommended reading
list for individuals working in design. The twist is that I am not
interested in "design" books per se: instead, I am looking for books
outside of the discipline that have influenced those working within
it. Philosphy texts, fiction, poetry, etc. I am hoping to create a
database of influential texts so that a braoder range of ideas might
be accessed by all. If you could send me a list of the top three or
four books that have influencd the way that you practice, teach, or
think about design I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Katie Salen
ksalen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx