Re: Decon: NO! Meaning: YES!

On Sat, 22 Oct 1994, Raymond Lauzzana wrote:

> O I get it! You are the answer, eh? David.

Oh! Ray! There you go again. Yes, I think my book CITY COMFORTS is a very
good one. And a useful one at that. The most seminal thinker in American
urban planning in the last 40 years has told me it is 'clear, to the point
and constructive' and very graciously volunteered it as a blurb.

But just because you edit a journal would not imply to anyone that you
think you have all the answers. Why do you say such a thing about me,
then? Why bring the discussion to a personal level? I wrote you a
personal note a few days ago saying we should keep it light and what do
you do but go out and make it personal. If you want to attack my
ideas---should I have any---feel free, but please leave personalities out
of it. If I somehow said something which seemed to you to attack YOU
personally, I want to publicly apologize.

All I've been trying to find out here is whether deCon has anything to
offer. If I asked pointed questions here and last year and in both cases I
got nothing beyond what I consider to be trivial answers from you, that
doesn't mean I think I have any answers at all, nor that I don't think
you have any right to bark up tree you like.

David Sucher
CITY COMFORTS: How to Build an Urban Village
'...it's simpler than you think...'