Re: free architecture/construction cd's

- - The original note follows - -

From: premus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (PREMUS@xxxxxxxxxx)
Subject: Re: free architecture/construction cd's
Date: 24 Oct 1994 19:45:33 -0000

SweetSource works like a magazine, manufacturers of construction
materials and services buy space on our CD. Essentially they advertise
their wares on SweetSource.

I don't know if you're familiar with the Sweet's printed catalogs, but it's
the same thing only in electronic form. Because the materials are in
electronic form, the text can be cut out and pasted in specifications,
for example. CAD drawings can be put directly into presentations. Images
can be instantly placed into a proposal. In just a few words, that's what
SweetSource is about.

All that sounds well and good, but some manufacturers need encouragement
to put their materials in electronic form. We're looking for knowledgeable
people, such as yourself, to critique SweetSource and give us ideas for
improving it. If SweetSource helps someone get a particularly hectic
project out of the way, we'd like to hear about that too.

You don't have to be building a skyscraper to participate. We've got
undergrad and graduate students, engineers and computer science people
telling us where to improve SweetSource. And we'd sure like the perspective
of an Architectural Historian, if you can spare the time.
--Pete
peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx