From: axgam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Newsgroups: alt.architecture
Subject: Re: POST-MODERNISM, POST-STRUCTUREALISM, DECONSTRUCTION
Date: 14 Oct 1994 04:07:44 GMT

aa (n/a) wrote:

: Has anybody out there written a paper on one or all of these topics? They
: interest me, and I'd like to know some more...

: Please, post replys in the alt.architecture-group, since I don't have an
: e-mail adress.

: Thanks in advance,

: - Truels Wissneth
: - Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, Norway

: - Less is more, Mies van der Rohe

I havent written any papers to date on these subjects, but I know of a
number of titles of books that may be helpful to you regarding
poststructralism. For field related academic subject matter I suggest the
following:

The Mathematics of the Ideal Villa and Other Essays; author:
Colin Rowe.

Deconstructing The Kimbell; An Essay On Meaning and Architecture
by Michael Benedikt.

The Architecture of Deconstruction; Derrida's Haunt by Mark Wigley.

For non-field related philosophical reading I suggest:

The Production of Space by Henri Lefebvre; translated by Donald
Nicholson-Smith.

The Foucalt Reader compiled by Paul Rainbow.

And finally for entertaining reading some stories with architectural
implications:

Amnesia by Douglas Cooper

Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino

I have many other titles that may help you but are not strictly field
related. If you are interested in these other titles just post a note
indicating so and I will gladly get the list for you.