Re: Frank Lloyd Wright 9-City Exhibit?

- - The original note follows - -

From: miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Miles Abernathy)
Subject: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright 9-City Exhibit?
Date: 25 Oct 1994 02:06:31 GMT

>>Today's Wall St. Journal (October 18, page B8) mentions an upcoming Frank
>>L. Wright traveling exhibit to 9 cities, and how Chrysler is doing an
>>advertising tie-in to it for their Cirrus automobile. House Beautiful
>>magazine is said to be another sponsor of the exhibit.
>
>From the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation Quarterly:
>
>Nov 2-11: The Legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright--Exhibit co-sponsored by
>House Beautiful and Chrysler focusing on Wright projects executed after
>1959 (i.e., after his death--kf), Wright's influence after 1959, his
>decorative arts, and his fascination with the automobile. The exhibit
>is curated by Wright scholar David Hanks and designed by Jeff Daly
>of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. At Meadow Brook Hall, Oakland
>University, Rochester, MI +1 810 370 3140.
>
>Also, Dec 7-17 at Lucius Pond Ordway Center, Florida Southern College,
>Lakeland, FL +1 813 680 4118.
>
>I don't know where it will be after that, but perhaps someone at one of
>the above locations might know. Or, you might try calling the
>FLLW Foundation at +1 602 860 2700.
>
> - karl freburger

I called 602-860-2700 and got the following information:

The traveling exhibit is a small one, not worth going very far to see. Its
schedule is:
Nov. 2-11 (approx.) at Rochester, MI
Dec. 7-17 (approx.) at Lakeland, FL
Jan 25-29, 1995, at Atlanta, GA
Feb. 10-17 at Los Angeles
March 9-17 at Taliesin West (AZ)
April 6-14 at Chicago, IL
May 24-31 at Boston, MA
June 30-July 9 at Philadelphia, PA
July 20-30 at Stamford, CT

A "major" FLW & Japanese Art exhibition will be held in Phoenix, AZ in
March 1995.