Re: shopping centers: 'reCon' anyone?

"a good deal of the D+P/Z carries with it,(borrowing a phrase
from David Burne), a ". . . celebration of specialness."

If I recall, David Byrne's term (from his great movie True Stories) was
"special-NESS" (accent on the second syllable).The most innovative shopping
center reCons, in my opinion, are the ones that have been converted into
flea markets. Truly places for people, and the prices are great, too.

Speaking of DPZ, has anyone been to Seaside lately? Leon Krier has put up a
little sign on his picket fence reading: We appreciate your interest in
architecture but please do not disturb our guests. Thank you-