Re: Housing and Urban Decline

Thank you for all responses, I am taking still taking it in. But for
the past few days I have been thinking of the subject: Gehry/Davis in
relation to what I see several days a week in the neighborhood.

More specifically, it is Gehry's own rehab house in CA that reminds me
of the nature of the Vacant and Boarded House in Dis/Repair...

John wrote:
>This cheap, shoddy architecture, whatever the cause, should be
>intolerable to an architect.
I have seen 2 Gehry bldgs and this is what I would say describe him best.
Shoddy. Bad Joints. Bad Material Connections. And very little
experiencial quality beyond object recognition and space as object with-
out the need for human relation in the space...
(Gehry started in MN designing Southdale interior mall in the 1950s.)

>But my mind is slightly open on this.

That is a solid link, boarded house and Gehry construction

the ethics would be interesting interpret..