Architectural Information vs. Architectural Knowledge ?

Hi,

While I was doing my thesis research, I became involved in finding out the
possible relationship between architectural information and architectural
knowledge. I looked up a dictionary to understand the difference between
information and architecture. In their dictionary meanings, information
applies to "facts are gathered in any way, as by reading, hearsay, etc. and
does not necessarily connote validity" while knowledge applies to "any body
of facts gathered by study, observation, etc. and to the ideas inferred from
these facts and connotes an understanding of what is known".

My understanding is that after a process of observation or study, information
transforms
into knowledge. Therefore, information creates knowledge (or mind selects
knowledge from information), and the amount, the form and the source of
information affects the level of act of knowing (knowledge). I belive
that the relationship between information and knowledge is also valid for
architectural information and knowledge. Additonally, by knowing more about
the characteristics of architectural information we can comprehend
the nature and the scope of architectural knowledge better.

I would like to receive some feedback about my comments and know what
the members of the list think about the relationship (if there is)
between architectural information and architectural knowledge?

Thanks,
SALIH