Re: gargoyles

>Without intending to defend Eisenman or Goldberger, let me say that you
are in the minority from all accounts I've heard.

/I wouldn't doubt it.

Frankly, I can't understand Goldberger's use of the terms "revolutionary"
to describe the building, or "radical" to describe Mr. Eisenman. I suppose
this is Goldberger's politically correct (and libel-immune) way of saying
the building isn't revolutionary and the architect isn't radical.

Well, what do you expect of Cincinnati? While President Joseph Steger is
commissioning "famous architects" to design university buildings, he
doesn't seem to have figured out how to tenure a female design instructor
in his School of Architecture (ACSA Directory, 1995-1996).

Michael Kaplan
Professor of Architecture
University of Tennessee, Knoxville
mkaplan@xxxxxxx