Re: American architecture!

-Are we speaking of the greatest architects in the world, or the most
-popular? I for one think that the *greatest* architects of this world
-have passed in times of antiquity : Egypt, China, Japan They were the
-ones who built with the most passion for their culture, and expressed
-their society, religion and philosophy through their work.

Live now!

Architects building - or promoting architecture thru media - are doing
exactly
the same thing has architects before... and with the same passion!

They express there culture and society... based on what serves to define it
today...
MEDIA and COMMUNICATION. so "being popular" or "having grouppies" or
"aggressivily promote architects and architecture" is a great part of today
architectural culture.

"their work" is now publishing, lecturing, creating polemics,
promoting...and, oh yes building.
Some "retro-garde" will say that most is not architecture - traditionnal
field of practice. Blinded by their "hatride of the others fame" they do
not see the positive effect of architecture slowly entering the media -
thru images of buildings AND thru diffusion of "philosophy" expressed and
invested in the work.

Jean Beaudoin
Montreal , Quebec, Canada

Related links: