Re: Urban Treachery and Cataclysm

you have to remember Mark that everything south of 23rd street would be flooded
to the second floor if a Force 5 hurricane hit Manhattan square (which, in
theory it is due for). NY will be most accessible from the air in the course of
any major catastrophe. Not that rationale is part of the plan. As Peter Vallone
observed, if the mayor needs bunker for all his crucial supporters, it need
only be a phone booth. A local radio station had a contest for the best name;
the winner, in honor of Pelli's grandeur across the street- Rudy's Nuclear
Winter Garden.