From: Mark Darrall [mailto:mdarrall@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 1999 9:56 PM
To: DESIGN-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: the pleasure of (being lost in translation) architecture

At 06:00 PM 7/13/99 -0400, Steve wrote:
>Having recently found a free online language translation program, I
decided
to conduct a small experiment. The options of the translation program
are:

>I took the first paragraph of Tschumi's text which b. carroll recently
posted here:

----major snippage---

>It has a way to execute the configuration in a book. The words and the
sketches can only produce to the station of the work of the paper and
not of
the experience of the station of the applicable work. With the
definition
that is the station of the work of paper conceited: it is a panel.
Despite
for those, of that one they do not make structuralize (if for little
important or nao ideological of the material relations of transformation
it), he perfectly looks like normal, with rappresentazione of these
functions of the configuration finish, superstructures he alcohol with
fantasy the end to belong. So rappresentazioni separated unavoidablly
the
experience, that one that comes from a station of the applicable work of
the
recognition of adaptou of the concepts sensual. The configuration enters
another one is connected with the both. And if another one or one of the
test these two of the verification is made examinación, the
configuration
destroyed to something. It looks like that nevertheless disowned, of
that
one must siempr

>... in case you haven't already realized it, I conducted this
experiment in
conjunction with schizophrenia + architectures.

That was a great experiment, Steve! You took the original English and
turned
it into something that I swear Eisenman might have written!