Lebbeus Woods

Lebbeus Woods suffered a heart attack two days ago,
underwent a single bypass operation, and is recovering
well at Beth Israel Hospital in Manhattan. Not yet receiving
visitors.

Lebbeus has been teaching at PSU School of Architecture
and the last I heard running from the US Government revenuers
who seek payment of fine levied on Leb for going to Cuba when
that was stupidly illegal. Leb was the only member of a large party
of invited scholars and architects who was singled out for
political punishment.

What I admire in Leb is his ability to use his architecture for political
action when few are doing that or even consider such career-
damaging unprofessional design. To be sure, few of us have
his genius to make it seem so easy to ridicule in sublime
drawings the fatuity of Muschamp's beloved world class
archtecture, and worse, those epicene campaigns to save
world monuments while ignoring political monstrosities who
underwrite "world" views.