Oddly enough...

Oddly enough, Christopher Reeves has been part of The Odds
of Ottopia since the day after the quondam feast of St.
Catherine de Ricci 2004.

"In the movie, Christopher Reeves plays a U.S. Congressman
from Pennsylvania. Before he visits the manor for a circa
1936 foreign affairs conference, the aristocrat [of the
manor] and some of his compatriots wonder as to the source
of the Congressman's family's wealth--"Perhaps they made
their money from trolley cars." This is an obscure reference
to the Philadelphia Wideners, for whom Lynnewood Hall by
Horace Trumbauer was built. I spent the better part of
yesterday afternoon (just across the street from the now
derelict Lynnewood Hall, which was once just as grand as the
Manor House in the movie) at Our Lady of Prouille, the
quondam Elstowe, estate of the Elkins Family, now a retreat
house run by the Dominican Sisters of St. Catherine de
Ricci."

excerpt from Re: of castles, fortifications, etc.
http://www.quondam.com/03/0270.htm

I spent time (mostly taking pictures) at Elstowe and as
close to Lynnewood Hall as I could get this past Thursday,
Friday and Saturday--October 7th, 8th, and 9th.

correction:
Trumbauer does not mean 'tower builder' in German, for that
name is 'Turmbauer'. If the name Trumbauer is derived from
Traumbauer, however, then the name means 'dream builder'.

["Your right Otto, no one else looks as good flying as he
does."]

--
The Design-L list for art and architecture, since 1992...