[design-l.v2] Ninth international conference on design principles and practices (fwd)

Ninth international conference on design principles and practices

Call for Papers

Proposals for paper presentations, workshops, posters, or
colloquia are invited for the Ninth International Conference
on Design Principles and Practices, held 12-14 March 2015 in
Chicago, USA. We welcome proposals from a variety of
disciplines and perspectives that will contribute to the
conference discourse. We also encourage faculty and research
students to submit joint proposals for paper presentations
or colloquia. Proposals are invited that address design
through one of the following themes:

CONFERENCE THEMES

* Design Education * Design in Society * Designed Objects
* Visual Design * Design Management and Professional
Practice * Architectonic, Spatial, and Environmental Design
* "Industrial-Post-Industrial-Neo-Industrial Design:
Reflecting on the Transformation of Production in the
Project" 2015 SPECIAL FOCUS

In addition to the annual themes, the conference will
address the special
focus-Industrial-Post-Industrial-Neo-Industrial Design:
Reflecting on the Transformation of Production in the
Project-through keynote speakers, garden sessions,
workshops, and parallel sessions that examine the following
questions:

* How does industry change the process of design, and
conversely, how does design contribute to the future of
production? * What tools and approaches for design have
been developed in the past, and what tools will emerge in
the future with the rise of new technologies? * Who and
what is changing the organization of design practice? How do
these changes open our practice to new forms of
participation and self-production? * What projects and
creative solutions are emerging through new technologies of
production? * What is the relationship between the
individual action of the designer and the collective process
of networking? * What are new design opportunities and
challenges for the environment and sustainability?

Proposal Submissions and Deadlines

DESIGN CONFERENCE AND JOURNAL COLLECTION

The current review period closing date for the latest round
of submissions to the Call for Papers (a title and short
abstract) is 11 September 2014* . Please visit our website
for more information on submitting your proposal, future
deadlines, and registering for the conference.

If you are unable to attend the conference, you may still
join the community and submit your article for peer review
and possible publication, upload an online presentation, and
enjoy subscriber access to the Design Principles and
Practices Journal Collection.

*Proposals are reviewed in rounds adhering to monthly
deadlines. Check the website often to see the current review
round. Submit Your Proposal

Common Ground Publishing University of Illinois Research
Park 2001 South First Street, Suite 202 Champaign, IL 61820
USA