Re: [design] day one

thinking about how easy it is to set up an 'alternate' list, couldn't this somehow be applied to setting up an alternate *country*? like, why couldn't i customize my country whereby i pay taxes and receive health care instead of war? i've noticed there's been some discussion about 'secession' of the so-called blue states, but that doesn't make any sense, because hearly half the population of those states would feel disenfranchised. so why could we have My Tennessee just as we have My Yahoo? after all, it's just an extension of the 'states rights' concept to the micro scale.

some thoughts on day one ...