[design] unzipping the design-l archive, etc.

Gordon Matta-Clark is enjoying himself 'anarchitecting' within the heavy
dreck of the 113 MBs of the unzipped design-l archives text files. Thank
goodness, for he was beginning to worry that he might not have enough to
say/do when presenting 'Learning From Lacunae' at the forthcoming Horace
Trumbauer Architecture Fan Club Convention.

"What have you found so far, Gordon."

"Well, it's kind of interesting that Lauf first posted at design-l in August
1998, and then the last post of August 1998, a forwarded message sent by
Brian Carroll, ends with "For an application please write or call Travis
McDonald, Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, P.O. Box 419, Forest, VA 24551"

"Why the hell is that interesting?!?"

"Well, it turns out that Lauf and McDonald spent the summer of 1978 together
working for the Historic American Building Survey in Perry, Missouri. In
fact, they were roommates the whole summer."

[Weird! I just received a phone call from Cardinal Dougherty High School
asking me for some money. I told them "Not yet." Alas, Eva found Dennis to
be a pitiful husband (with too much desire for 'unearthly' pleasures), and
has thus decided to renew her vows with Ned right after she finishes her
paper with Marie Antoinette and Ludwig on 18 January 2005, King of Prussia
Day and indeed Ned and Eva's wedding anniversary. FYI, King of Prussia
became German Emperor in the Hall of Mirrors of the Palace of Versailles,
and that's when Otto, who witnessed this change of power realized he was
becoming seriously ill.]

"Oh. Why that's extremely interesting! [Gosh, who does Otto think he's
kidding?] I'm sure Thomas will want to know all this too. I have to call him
up anyway, for some money for the convention."

"Great. Tell him to tell Sally hello."

"Oh, didn't you know? She's been hangin' with Julian at the Art Museum."

"I didn't know that. I should pay more attention to the real world."

"Ha! Just keep digging, Gordon."

"Could you pass me the chain saw now?"

Folow-ups
  • Re: [design] unzipping the design-l archive, etc.
    • From: steve . kudlak