[design] coincidental? or LEARNING FROM NUDIST CAMP

On 30 January 2004 it was announced (via design-l) that:
The title of Duchamp's and Jennewein's paper for the Horace Trumbauer
Architecture Fan Club Convention is "Nudist Camp at the Philadelphia Museum
of Art".
-- www.quondam.com/02/0153.htm

In the January 2005 Member's Calendar of the Philadelphia Museum of Art
(received by post yesterday) the Programs include:

Members-Only Tour: Nude or Naked?
Thursday, January 6 and 20;
Tuesday, January 11 and 18;
and Saturday, January 22, 10:15 a.m.
Behind the words "nude" and "naked" are centuries of controversy and moral
courage, as well as admiration and awe. This tour will explore the story of
this provocative subject. Tours meet in the West Entrance.
Space is limited, and reservations are required.

[I made a reservation for the tour on 6 January (feast of the Epiphany). I
also asked if this was a new tour or one that was conducted before. "I'm not
entirely sure, but I think this tour is new."

email to friend 19 December 2004:
[Things are getting busy here in preparation for the commencement of LEAVING
OBSCURITY BEHIND, the Horace Trumbauer Architecture Fan Club Convention, 28
December 2004. All the guests are getting their accommodations set via
ICHNOGRAPHIA ROMAPHILIA--one of the highlights of the convention is that all
the guests are in a constant state of bilocation between Philadelphia and
Rome, with the register being the match of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway and
the axis of life of the Ichnographia Campi Martii--oddly, Fairmount and the
Vatican Hill are the 'same place.' Luckily, Marie-Antoinette and Louis XVI
are thrilled to be staying at Eastern State Penitentiary. Otto's going to
explain all this in his opening speech delivered from the roof of the Free
Library of Philadelphia.

Newest unexpected development: Albert Barnes is going to give a talk, 2
January 2005 (Barnes' birthday) about how his collection should now be hung
within the forthcoming new facility on the Parkway. To say the least, the
fan club is very anxious to hear what Barnes will say.]

In keeping with the bilocation theme/amalgamation of LEAVING OBSCURITY
BEHIND, Duchamp and Jennewein, with help from Michelangelo, are installing
new virtually art works for the two still-blank pediments of the
Philadelphia Museum of Art courtyard.]

Also received return call from the Barnes Foundation this morning. Wasn't
able to get a reservation for 2 January 2005, but did get reservation for 9
January 2005. I've seen the 1993 Barnes Exhibition at the National Gallery
and at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, but I've never been to the Barnes
Foundation in Merion, Pennsylvania (even though it's like a 15 minute
car-ride from where I live).

[Either I never noticed it before or it's a new display, a portrait of
Marie-Antoinette hangs in a gallery of the Philadelphia Museum of Art that
is next to the gallery containing four French sculptures given to the Museum
by Eva Stotesbury in memory of her husband Ned. Of course, Marie-Antoinette
and Eva and Ludwig have been very close recently as they prepare for "Here a
Versailles, There a Versailles, Everywhere a Versailles, Sigh" to be
delivered at Versailles, Herrenchiemsee, and Whitemarsh Hall 18 January
2005. Otto's already made provisions in case anyone attending the lecture
comes down with trilocation-sickness.]