Re: [design] January of LEAVING OBSCURITY BEHIND

Ryan,

When you write

we must keep in mind that in any situation,
by definition - ' Security is a process not a result '

it makes me think that terrorists have been aware of this dictum long before
the rest of the modern world.

When I was back in school (in the late 1970s), a professor used the example
of a 6" high curb as being all there is between a pedestrian sidewalk and
fast moving traffic, and how in reality the security level there is
extremely slight. The only reason the design works is because virtually
everyone follows the traffic laws. On the other, there is virtually no
restriction to those that choose to not follow the traffic laws, and thus
chaos, etc. is easily manifest. I think terrorists have become very good at
locating, and hence exploiting, the "6 inch curbs" of civilization.

Steve