[design] [dis]content .1

To: design-l
Subject: metabolic slash delivery, etc.
Date: 2001.09.21 18:02

[snip]

pss
In the recent Barbara Flanagan article in METROPOLIS on Venturi and Scott
Brown it states:

\\ And when Venturi envisions an electronic "facade of glittering
information," the inevitable political question (what does it say and who
decides?) can be a vexing one. "What the message is I don't know, and I'm
not too ashamed of not knowing," Venturi says. "Content is not the
architect's job." //

I think Venturi here admits his most present flaw, and even goes on to make
a big mistake about the future. As the architect of the first online virtual
museum of architecture, I see content as very much the job of the architect.

Can it be said that precisely attacking flaws engenders paradigm shifts?

[kind-of like going into a black hole and then being in the other side.]

Folow-ups
  • Re: [design] [dis]content .1
    • From: brian carroll