[design] Monkey Sea Voyage .3b

To: design-l
Subject: reinterpretation
Date: 2002.08.22 16:28

Within a short text entitled "Virtual Architecture - Real Space" from the
book ASYMPTOTE FLUX, Hani Rashid writes, "The Campo Marzio of Piranesi, for
example, can be reinterpreted as a data environment in which the buildings
and architectures he envisioned each represent an idealized accumulation of
"architectonic" information." I'm curious (wink wink) as to why Rashid
didn't bother to mention that this "reinterpretation" of Piranesi's Campo
Marzio stems from research done and published at www.quondam.com, a virtual
museum of architecture. [I still remember at least that Rashid subscribed to
Design-L up until the racism double theater here early September 2000.]
Ironically, one of the projects presented within ASYMPTOTE FLUX is the World
Intellectual Property Organization Headquarters.

To bad Rashid had no idea he was meeting and speaking with me in person for
the first time (here in Philadelphia) on the feast of Saint Ambrose, 7
December 2001. Maintaining silence is therefore not an option.