Re: [design] Versailles, sigh

Brian,

in yahoo maps
address: trumbauer dr
city, state: wyndmoor, pa

will get up right to where the house, Whitemarsh Hall, used to be. Note the
Widener Rd leads to the fountain circle and the gates are on East Willow
Grove Ave.

Chestnut Hill is in Philadelphia and just next door southwest of Wyndmoor.

I'll try the National Atlas now with the same address. I hope you do
continue searching the data you wanted to compile. I know the area, but it
will be interesting to see what you, as someone unfamiliar with the real
place, come to interpret via the acquired data, and then share/combine our
impressions.

www.quondam.com/25/2429.htm is how "Here a Versailles, There a Versailles,
Everywhere a Versailles, Sigh" ends. The point of this virtual conference
paper mostly about 'reenactionary architecturism' inversely culminates with
an oblivion engendered via erasure (damnatio memoriae) with ultimate
palimpsest. As with any good conference paper, you want to see/receive
impressions and constructive reactions (so what you wanted to do further is
perfect, as are the reactions at www.archinect.com/forum/index.php ).
Additionally, your (intended) study evokes a new(?) kind of
archaeology--digging through strata of data in cyberspace, no less!

http://www.serianni.com/wh.htm is the best website on Whitemarsh Hall, and
what quondam and museumpeace are/will be doing is adding more layers of
data, specifically collecting the remains of Whitemarsh Hall. The
Philadelphia Museum of Art has the best public collection of artifacts of
Whitemarsh Hall, and 5233 Arbor Street has a unique collection of Whitemarsh
Hall artifacts as well (although I still have to get my super-8 movies of
the place in 1972 translated into digital format.)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Steve