Re: [design] Preserving listed buildings - on computer

I probably shouldn't give away too many of my ideas, but what the hell. I
few years ago I thought I could offer virtual dream mansions on eBay. The
gist of the idea was for me to advertise virtual architectural design
services and the prospective client would receive a set of
drawings/rendering of a fantastic house design. The client could then frame
the drawings and tell all their friends they've had a mansion designed
specifically for them. Of course, once a winning bid was had, I'd then
further tempt the clients with extras, like a 'royal' bathroom suite or a 5
car garage cum carwash. Every mansion would have a room-size vault though.

(title in 45 letters or less)
WHEN A REAL HOUSE JUST ISNT ENOUGH GO VIRTUAL

I thought Neuschwanstein would look different inside. It looked too new or
something.
Linderhof seemed cramped inside due to the overabundance of ornament.
Aalto's Baker House seemed cramped inside too, but that was because it was.
Le Corbusier's Carpenter Center was fun to see, but it also reminded me of a
lot of models of student designs I've seen. Does a building up on columns
somehow have an instant appeal?
The WWII bunker at Cape May Point actually does it all for me.

Now, there are a whole bunch of buildings that I've constructed in CAD and
hence visited virtually which haven't disappointed at all.

To be honest, I hope everyone goes crazy over the prospect of "preserving
listed buildings - on computer" because I believe everyone should get what
they deserve.

Hey, does anyone else think it would be cool to see a reenactment of the
1939 New York World's Fair Sphere and Pylon at Ground Zero?