Re: [design] degrees of separation OR creativity as parody

speaking of infringment, degrees of separation and/or
parodies!! :)

Daniel Libeskind's recent proposal for a Cincinnati
developer ...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050317/NEWS0103/503170359
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/zoom.pbs&Site=AB&Date=20050317&Category=NEWS0103&ArtNo=503170359&Ref=V1
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/misc?url=/misc/zoom.pbs&Site=AB&Date=20050317&Category=NEWS0103&ArtNo=503170359&Ref=AR

... looks remarkably influenced by our WTC proposal

http://www.wtcsitememorial.org/ent/entI=446458.html

which doesn't come as too much of a suprise to us as
Libeskind wrote us an email prior to his 'winning' the LMDC
site architect competition, stating [our idea] "has
already had a tremendous impact on me and my family."

The idea does have a registered US copyright, but we fully
hoped to foster some sort of archictectural analog to the
'Open Source' software movement with this building type.

our quixotic effort was partially chronicled in chapter 4
of:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0805074945/qid%3D1107863642/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/002-0101964-9489601

I had a class of NYC highschool students helping me
assemble an edition of book art in a valiant attempt to
disseminate this idea to the many key players way prior to
the WTC memorial or arch. competitions..

Libeskind promised on multiple occasions to meet with me
and my class, but stood us up 3 times.

Don't get me wrong... I'm awfully pleased the idea was
adapted... I'm not an architect

but I do have a hope of propelling the idea forward as open
source architecture

opinions?

thx

ee