[design] 22 June 1943 and yesterday 6 years ago

the twin birth of Gordon and Sebastian, the Matta-Clark boys

21 June 1999 (from the design-l archive)
as to my faulting Tafuri, remember that i only do this relative to
Piranesi's Campo Marzio plan, and i fully outlined tafuri's mistakes on the
Campo Marzio within a set of web pages (which i don't know if you have read
or not). what tafuri writes about the campo marzio are not mistakes because
of my own interpretation of campo marzio, but they are mistakes because of
what Piranesi actually delineated and labeled in his plan. tafuri clearly
misrepresents what piranesi did, and all you have to do is look at
piranesi's plan to see where and how tafuri is wrong there. Scott, have you
looked at piranesi's plan to verify whether what i say about tafuri on the
campo marzio is true? generally, when it comes to piranesi's campo marzio,
modern architects seem to avoid looking at the primary source. [and just for
a momnet imagine what it will be like when it is broadly recognized that
what i come to say about piranesi's campo marzio is correct and proof that
tafuri is here wrong. judging by your reaction thus far, not only will there
be war, but revolution as well. perhaps you are angry at the prospect of
your own architectural education losing some of its (costly) value.]