[design] ARTIFICIAL LOVE

I read ARTIFICIAL LOVE almost a month ago. I finished the book mostly because it was an easy read, but I can't say that I think Shepard really said much about machines and/or architecture. Maybe a lot of new readers don't know ZEN AND THE ART OF MOTORCYCLE MAINTENANCE, which seems much more to the point than ARTIFICIAL LOVE.

While reading ARTIFICIAL LOVE I was also proof-reading the manuscript of A QUONDAM BANQUET OF VIRTUAL SACHLICHKEIT five times. It became very obvious to me that the design-l archive(s) has a lot more and better content than ARTIFICIAL LOVE. I even found myself wondering if Paul Shepheard used to read or even belong to design-l. I did a search of his name in the version.1 archive, but there were no results. I didn't remember the 29 March 2005 post on ARTIFICIAL LOVE that Brian sent to design-l, but that post very likely resonated subconsciously when I saw the book in the library just over a month ago.

Would I go so far as to say that ARTIFICIAL LOVE is too much unoriginal content? I'm afraid I would.