From: Micha el Ringland
To: view@xxxxxxxx ; open discussion
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2005 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: [design] reading lists (was: question)

Vanishing Point by David Markson

On Jun 23, 2005, at 11:04 AM, view@xxxxxxxx wrote:

someone gave me a copy of that book and it's been on my shelf for at least 3 months. i doubt i will read it, but will at least skim it and look at the pictures.
just finished "What's the Matter with Kansas" by Tom Frank, an easy read that fits (more or less) in the oppressed/oppressor category of thought/lit, like Memmi's "Colonizer and the Colonized." there are many other authors, of course, who pose the question of why the oppressed become apologists for the oppressor.

what is everyone reading this summer?

Folow-ups
  • Re: [design] reading lists (was: question)
    • From: Micha el Ringland