Re: [design] parking ramp!

snohetta's solution is very wabi sabi, the parking concrete clay pot that holds space for the open emptiness surrounding our times. its symbolism is eklektikos. the karmoy fishing museum he designed in norway symbolizes a sewer pipe rushing to the stream that was once the source of life. its concrete material chemistry allows moss to grow on the surface without harming the structure. other structures surrounding are wood and horizontal around the water, in this work, form is perpendicular to the water.
http://www.arcspace.com/architects/snoehetta/fishing_museum/index.htm

From: "brian carroll"
<wow. what an architecture statement. i can't believe it.
the greatest meaning of the building is that it shares
its shares its form with a parking ramp. that's the
totality of architectural meaning- what symbolism! a
museum/parking ramp overlooking two parking lot voids,
in a corporate landscape of trees and grid walkways.>

Steve,
< Though, don't be surprised that design-l may be more read than seems evident. Maybe design-l is somewhat akin to an EcoSphere, where the interior is like the product that Arthur posted, but don't forget the notion that the EcoSphere is at the same time looked-at/watched by entities outside the EcoSphere.>

is this a friendly warning that entities watching may be predators and we should be careful how we continue to play in this sandbox ecosphere?

the highrise color code you propose is worthy of someone's editorial cartoon, and this idea could be expanded to so many other concepts. imagine instead of labeling schools "exemplary" or just "acceptable" they would have an ever changing color code to show the neighborhood how well their administrations succeeded in teaching to the test and thereby keeping real estate values high or making them dip. could apply to architectural schools, too. the more screamers you produce, the higher your color code value.

gwp,
you bring up interesting topics concerning writing, performing and audience in the various cyber environments. the time it takes to absorb and respond meaningfully factor is a limiting one for continuing to have quality dialogs. also not everyone is going to carefully consider consequences before posting - how a writer feels while writing may affect a classical and reasoned gate that isn't automatically closed before hitting the send button. in a way the expression is truer when that openness abounds. yet, due to the varying natures of expression and decency, (not a problem in this group) should we expect people to self direct?
as john young says "over protection is a bad as under protection"
the analyzing of gazing, gazed upon is complex and circular

cheryl