Re: [design] GZ eyeballed {intermission}

This image, from today's NYTIMES, is the clearest image I've seen thus far to indicate where the redesign process presently is. Admittedly, I really haven't been (visually) following the process over the last few years, but, for some reason, now I get it, meaning I understand where everything (planned) is. In a strange way, this image is almost like looking down from the top of one of the lost WTC towers itself. It was seeing Trinity Church(?) at this angle that reminded me of seeing the church from a similar angle when I was last atop the WTC (early September 1990). Just now I'm thinking of what might be an interesting virtual memorial--utilizing a 3D model of the greater NY/NJ area, a "visitor" would be positioned where the quondam WTC observation deck used to be, and from there he or she could direct their gaze taking in the views that once were.

JPEG image