Pushing Forward

Michael,

Sorry I got carried away on confronting metaphysical language and "pressing
forward into" seemed kind of wrong. I stand corrected.

In his thesis defence yesterday on "Authenticity and Sujectivism in H's
Being and Time", my frined James talked a bit of escaping the supposed
subjectivism (and I hope I am not misunderstanding him too badly) with
"thrown-Being-in-the-world". You are, of course, correct in separating us
>from God because we do not only exist as our possibilities. We can not
create the world with the Word (although the Quantum guys are starting to
wonder if we can - smile). I was more trying to show that
"being-twoards-the-end" was not only giving Heidegger the logical step he
needed to get into the ontology proper but was stressing in waht way we
actually are ourt possibilities.

Thank *you* for the post (and the quotes).

-Nik