Re: ee

>"If poetry were anything--like dropping an atombomb--which anyone did,
>anyone could become a poet merely by doing the necessary anything; whatever
>that anything might or might not entail. But (as it happens) poetry is
>being, not doing. If you wish to follow, even at a distance, the poet's
>calling (and here, as always, I speak from my own totally biased and
>entirely personal point of view) you've got to come out of the measurable
>doing universe into the immeasurable house of being."--eecummings,
>i:sixnonlectures

This is an intersting quote (and the first thing of yours I have really been
able to decipher enough to get any sense out of). Truly, Curtis, you have
latched onto the importance of poetry in this sense. On the other hand, your
point is re-made over and over to the extent that you are not saying
anything meaningful (something Poets try to do). Heck, even Zen Masters
speak in Sentences *sometimes*. If it turns your crank though, keep it up.
All the power to you. I like poets, I couldn't eat a whole one, but I like
them. :)

For this reason poetry issomething more philosophical and more worthy of
serious attention than history." - Aristotle - Plato was not so kind. :)

Socrates said that the unexamined life is not worth living, Oedipus was not
so sure. :)

-Nik