Re: Heidegger's use of the word "polis"

Babette Babbich wrote:

> could you lengthy correspondents quote and counterquote
> each other privately?
> or is this stuff meant to be interesting?
>
> I was rather viciously attacked for daring to post a jesting
> <yawn> after several such massive missives of
> nichts und wieder nichts...
>
> ah well ...
>

> --- from list heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---

The "rather viciously attacked" attacks back rather viciously. Not
against those who attacked her, but against those long-winded enough
to bore her. The discursive violence of flaming just begets more
violece; I suggest you learn to employ the delete key.

2 further points:
Perhaps what makes our back-and-forths look like 'correspondence" is
the fact that we bother to be formally polite to one another...

It is rare that something "interesting" about Heidegger gets
communicated in 'the sound-bite politics of a fast food generation'
[M. Franti] which are apparently better suited for your consumption.

Response is the beginning of responsibility; co-respondence the
beginning of community.

Iain

  • Re: Heidegger's use of the word "polis"
    • From: Babette Babich