Re: Intro to Metaphysics

Sarah,

Thank you for responding to our posting concerning Heidegger's IM. I regret to
say that the new translation will not be published by Yale until 1997 -- you
may well know how these things are paced in the publishing world.

There may be a remedy, however. I would have to discuss this with Richard
Polt, but perhaps we could provide you with a working draft of our translation
for use in your seminar. At present, we have an advanced draft of Chapter One
and nearly-advanced drafts of Chs. 2 and 3. By Feb., we should have even
more.

What we would ask for in return is any suggestions/comments/criticisms you and
your students might have concerning our draft.

Also, may we give your name to Yale that they may contact you for their
"feasibility study" for the companion volume?

Again, thanks for your input.

-- Greg Fried
Boston University