Re: Falling. Must we fall?

> Considering the above passages, my question remains.

Consider that "_falling_ ... has its existential meaning in the _Present_"
(397), whereas "Anticipation makes Dasein _authentically_ futural" (373).
Does that help some? I don't see any paradox (*).

BTW, I think this could be misleading, esp. insofar as it might seem to
confirm your idea that we "overcome" inauthenticity: "the inauthenticity
of Dasein does not signify any 'less' Being or any 'lower' degree of
Being. Rather it is the case that even in its fullest concretion Dasein
can be characterized by inauthenticity -- when busy, when interested, when
ready for enjoyment" (68).

(*) which is not to say there are none in BT; Heidegger cites Yorck
approvingly: "paradoxicality is a mark of truth" (454).

---

Someone please point out if I've misinterpreted the relevance of these
quotes. Thanks.