Re: Falling. Must we fall?

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995, Babette Babich wrote:

> Why am I posting?? Talk about inauthenticity and un
> ownedness
>
> Give me parentheses rather than these baby analysts ...

"The teacher is ahead of his apprentices in this alone, that he has
still far more to learn than they-- he has to learn to let them learn.
The teacher must be capable of being more teachable than the apprentices.
The teacher is far less assured of his ground than those who learn are of
theirs. If the relation between the teacher and the taught is genuine,
therefore, there is never a place in it for the authority of the
know-it-all or the authoritative sawy of the official. It still is an
exalted matter then, to become a teacher-- which is something else
entirely than becoming a famous professor."

"We are still not thinking; none of us, including me who speaks
to you, me first of all."

"We are all on the way together, and are not reproving each other."

Really!