The question concerning falling

Anyone interested in the discussion we were having earlier concerning the
question of the paradox of falling as it relates to Dasein's necessary
absorbtion in the world and its inauthenticity might want to take a look at
this great article on the subject I found in researching the topic:

Visker, Rudi, "Dropping: The 'Subject' of Authenticity. Being and Time on
Disappearing Existentials and True Friendship with Being," Research in
Phenomenology 24 (Fall 1994): 133-157.

It deals with my problem very throughly even though Visker's answer isn't
wholly satisfying. If someone else out there has read or chooses to read
it, I would love to engage it.

Ethan

Ethan Leib (Yale '97).....ethan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Enlightenment says the world is nothing but a dream. Everything is an
illusion; nothing is real. Good or bad. You can change it anyway you
want, you can rearrange it.......Van Morrison

  • Heidegger and death
    • From: Jennifer A. Robalino