Re: H's necrophilia

Hi. Pardon my two cents...

>"And yes, he does flee philosphy in the end, for poetry and myth. But is
>that really so
>"strange or bad? I find it to be kind of endearing, almost...

Um, I'm not sure "flee" is a good word here. "Shed" might be better. He
found in he researches that philosophy was incapable of pursuing genuine
thought, according to him. The task that he had assumed philosophy took on
in earnest, he decided later that it was not up to the task. The choice was
not a mere change of aesthetics, and the challanges that his later thought
bring are specifically to philosophy and the question of its ability to
genuinely *think*.

As far as the inadequacy of his logic: it was precisely the inadequecy of
*logic* that he is challanging by talking the way he does. Look at so much
of the recent French philosophy - heavily influenced by this point
(Derrida, Deleuze, Lyotard...)

-Jeff

"Wake me up when grad school is over."

  • Re: H's necrophilia