Re: negation+Dasein

How does "Dasein encounter negation in its everydayness?" If by
'encountering negation' you mean 'encountering it _as_ negation,'
I don't think that it does. Everyday inauthentic Dasein is constituted
by a fall _away_from_ the confrontation with absolute negation,
namely death. Then again, in point of fact, Dasein is riddled with
negation through and through - Dasein is a nullity, Dasein inhabits
(or rather is) a world which, seen through a lens which only admits
thingness into its purview, is itself nothing.
I think a quick answer would be that everyday (and by this I assume
you mean inauthentic) Dasein works with negation all the time; the
world as such is made possible by the recognition of the Nothingness
of Being-in-the-world and Dasein is, of course, itself bounded by
its own eventual disappearance, death, an eventual disappearance
which, since Dasein exists as projected into the future, as coming
to meet its own futural possibilities, determines Dasein and its
world in its present situation - even a Dasein which is existing
inauthentically.

P.S. It may be incorrect to speak of Being-in-the-world as a negation.
It is instead the primordial, almost substantive Nothing which precedes
and possibility for negation. Negation implies the ontological
primacy of the positive; to negate something implies a something which
preceded the negation. The opposite is true, I believe, in the
case of Heideggerian Nothing.

Christopher