Re: Q concerning Lovitt, too.

owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> > Recently, William Lovitt, the guy who translated Heidegger's essays on
> > technology collected in the book "The Question Concerning Technology" has
> > written a 1000 page two volume tome called Modern Technology in the
> > Heideggerian Perspective published by Edwin Mellen Press, 1995.
>
> Egad, what does he talk about for 1000 pages?
>
> I like the way "The Question Concerning Technology" was put together. Is
> the 2 vol set a class act as well?

I would also like to know more in detail what Lovitts work concerns. It seems
highly interesting (though a bit depressing for my thesis' chances of
being very original, I'll admit...:-( But that doesn't really matter.)
So - if it is possible - what, more precisely, does Lovitt write about?
Is there perhaps a central thesis in his book? If so, what is it? Getting
new american/english books in Sweden is not all that uncomplicated, so I
hope you'll forgive me for pestering you about this.

Thanks!

Nicklas Lundblad
(nicklas.lundblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)