Good Times?

owner-heidegger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> what's the point of perpetuating hoaxes?

A friend of mine came up with this rather amusing conclusion:
Since the message is actually spreading and 'infecting' the mailsystems
(I would guess that an inexperienced computer owner would like to warn all his friends
( I know that was my first reaction!)and if you study the development of such a message you can easily see
that its growth will be stunning) it is n o t a hoax, but a virus, and therefore
true. The true virus is the message of the virus, the sign saying "virus!" spreads
as quickly as the would-be-virus ever could.
So...what has been infected is not your computer in this case but your brain. Rather
like a Dawkinsmeme, wouldnt you say? Now to the big Question. What has all this got to do with
Heidegger? I plead guilty: nothing. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

By the way...Is there any evidence that Heidegger ever read *anything* by Wittgenstein?
Any notes? Any studies? I would be glad to know, I am reading "Der Lowe spricht ...und wir kann
ihn nicht verstehen", and the comparison between Heidegger and Wittgenstein, especially Rortys
is very interesting. Is there any other stuff of this kind around?

Thanks, and I hope you soon stop fighting over indifferent things :)

Nicklas Lundblad
(nicklas.lundblad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)