Re: Civility and Rigor

Dear Stephen Whitehill:
While I was impressed by your first remarks, although I thought
them incompletely well-informed, I remain a "philosophy professor"
enough to note manifest self-contradiction. You cannot chide me
for ad hominem style remarks while engaging in them yourself.

Moreover my offering of ascii art (dragon or not) had to do
NOT (and here your lack of intelligence betrays itself on
the most metonymic of levels) with claiming myself as a
dragon lady, but as a peace offering, a friendly gesture.

Your criticism and critique undermine any such hopes on my part.

Moreover, I repeat, it is a gender issue. I critique. I draw
an extraordinary amount of flak for the same, and I detect
a level of ressentiment as part of the same. Rigor is as
rigor does. Your first two paragraphs were fine, then
you descended into exactly that against which your post
purported to be opposing.

Tsk. Tsk.

B.E. Babich

  • Re: Civility and Rigor