Re: Civility and Rigor

On Tue, 30 Jan 1996, Babette Babich wrote:

> To Michael Antonucci

To an authorial, not biographical, Babette Babich:

> You offer nothing of substance in what you say.

A curious statement, sufficiently self-referential to bring joy into the
heart of any deconstructionist...
I am not attempting to "offer" you any "substance", or even any aether.
I am attempting to defend substance that has already been offered, namely
the post of Mr. Whitehill's.

> And I admire no one.

I can think of one obvious exception to that proposition. At least half
of your posts express an overwheliming satisfaction with a
self-conception that is at least partially divergent from your Dasein.
I also find it difficult to believe that your posts are not in any way
derivative of other authors, that you are wholly original. If you are
indeed wholly original, please tell us so that we can begin putting the
Ur-Text somewhere other than our kill files.

AUthentically,
Michael Antonucci