Re: Winograd and Flores

> >A (probably bad) book by Winograd and Flores, Understanding
> >Computers and Cognition, is at pains to characterize communication as a
> >series of breakdowns...
>
> I, for one, found the Winograd and Flores book quite stimulating. I'm an
> organizational development consultant and I think Flores' work, in particular,
> is remarkable in its intent to bring the study of being into the realm of
> everyday praxis.

I agree, as a software developer I found C & C full of fresh insights
compared to most other software design books which treat software as a
branch of mathematics.

An even better book in that vein is (from memory) "Information Technology
and Postmodern Thought" by Richard Coyne, MIT Press. It examines
design from the perspective of pragmatism, critical studies,
deconstruction, etc., everywhere informed by Heidegger's thought.

cheers,
Pete