Re: Idle Chatter

Ok, how about the negative connotation of "entanglement"? String gets
tangled/entangled, this is not desirable state of affairs... It is hard
to see in "entanglment" anything but a negative connotation. Is this
negativity the means by which the "world" is transcended, for Heidegger,
a kind of parallel to Cartesian "doubt", where one takes *as entangled*
just as Decartes takes *as dubious*?

This is not to say that there is not entanglement, of course. It seems an
apt term to characterize a possibility, and even a kind of "fact" for
Dasein. As with the deployment of the category (?) "idle chatter", which
is also negative, even perjurative, what is at work? how does one make
the decision that this is the case, that what transpires is "idle" (one
should be working, I suppose) "chatter" (women do that). I don't mean to
be systematically critical of Heidegger here, actually, and again, I do
appreciate that *there is* idle chatter.